Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Notes from Taiwan: The First Email Home

Mom,

I just woke up and took my first tour of Alice's part of the city. Trust me when I say, there is absolutely and completely NO evidence that Taiwan has ever suffered a typhoon on the streets. Everything looks 'business as usual'. Again, I repeat: there is no sign that Taiwan has ever experienced a typhoon. Ever.

Ever.

There is no debris. There is no residual water. There is nothing, I repeat, NOTHING to lend weight to the news reports that some catastrophe has occurred here. I will leave it to you to surmise whether or not I have electricity.

As for earthquakes: I have experienced none. If I do, I will promptly command them to stop. Apart from such imperatives I have few means of controlling earthquakes. But, to assuage your fears: I have seen no apocalyptic collapse of the city.

I will try to take flower pictures as much as possible.

In the hour and a half I have spent galavanting around the city, I as an individual have experienced more humidity than many nations experience over entire eras. I've been too busy sweating to pay much attention to the temperature, so I can't really tell you how hot it is.

I am in full possession of all my luggage.

Alice appears to be 87% happy and 76% nostaligic.

I love you,
Joe

1 Comments:

At 12:46 PM , Blogger Jonathan Storment said...

Hey I didn't know you were in Taiwan, that's fantastic! I hope you're having a blast, funny format for this post by the way. Also, you seem to have the spiritual gift for quantifying people's emotion. I am 92% impressed.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home