Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Psalm 145

Great is the Lord. He deserves praise more than any other!
His greatness none can fathom.
One generation will joyfully declare your works to another,
Your mighty acts are our history.
Generations share your glory and splendor
and I pause to dwell on them.
Generations proclaim your power, seen in your deeds
and I, too, will declare them.
Generations will dance for you are good
Generations will sing loud that you are righteous.

In all these things we see your Kingdom.
Generations will declare your might in that reality,
and all will know this might.
All will know your glory.
All will see the splendor of this Kingdom that we know.
It is a Kingdom that never fades.
In it, your reign, Oh Lord, is total and never-ending.

God loves us all. He is loyal and faithful.
God lifts us from the dirt.
We look to God for our needs, and he gives them in due time.
His hand extends the gifts which fulfill all who ache with desire.
For he is near; he is not out of range from our cries or our prayers.
He hears. He will give.

For your acts, for your Kingdom, for your faithful love,
I will praise you, God. Let all the earth join in.

Basically, hundreds of years of really wise and spiritually attuned people pass this song on to us. God's Kingdom is comprehensive, and his power is attested to by so many things he has done. All this to say, he's one step away, and listening intently. I may feel alone, but in silence, he's not absent. He's listening. He's waiting to satisfy me as I become satisfied in him.

1 Comments:

At 9:02 AM , Blogger KSullie said...

Amen! Thats awesome Joe! I really appreciate that this morning. I thought about you yesterday. I think that means I should have called. Sorry. Did you feel our prayers on Sunday? You should have!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home