Monday, June 16, 2008

Of Late . . .

As of late, my thoughts regarding any topics that might be of interest in blog form have been tragically limited.  So far this summer I've had precious little time for theological reflection.  Woe is me.

I started college algebra last week, and came down with a horrible sore throat the next day.  Coincidence?  I think this once I'll stake my hat on anecdotal evidence and say that it's been proven that math results in sickness.  Therefore its nuisance as a requirement is unethical, and I am demanding exemption.   . . . Alas, I don't know who to send such a complaint to, so I'm writing it here.  If you know who the person responsible for such outrageous expectations is, send me their address and I will write with fervor and fury!   

My apologies:  that rant was due to having had my first test tonight.  It really had nothing to do with the aforementioned illness.  I probably did fine.  I just find it lame that I'm getting off work and driving back to school to take exams.  Ridiculous.  

In between an endless inundation of articles about neurological disorders which I am reading for work, I've managed to read a couple short books.  One was on the figure of Sophia in the Bible which very well may have solved most of my problems with the pre-existence of Jesus, and the Gospel of John in general.  I might write more on that later.  

I've also been working on Mill's essay on Utilitarianism, which I'm finding fairly interesting.  I was telling a friend the other day, science has a way of making pragmatism and utilitarianism quite palatable.  

The highlight of my evenings lately is getting to read Marquez's Love in the Time of Cholera.  I love it.  Marquez has sealed the deal as my favorite, and therefore the best, fiction author of all time.  His style is the best descriptive prose I have ever read by far.  I cannot recommend him highly enough.

It is now officially 9:12 PM and I'm going to bed.  Good lord, who ever thought a summer could be this lame!  Seriously!  9:12???

3 Comments:

At 9:44 AM , Blogger KSullie said...

well if youre lame then so am i! 9:12 sounds like an awesome bed time :)

Love in the Time of Cholera. Have you seen the movie. Of course, it isnt as good as the book (which i havent read) but I also seriously doubt that i will so...

no, i agree with your first assesment that math = sickness.

and, i am totally intrigued by what you have been reading about Sophia.

love

 
At 12:45 PM , Blogger Jonathan Storment said...

Cool, I would love to hear about Sophia and the gospel of John when you get a chance. I also agree with your statement about algebra=illness.

 
At 4:32 PM , Blogger A Little Thunder said...

who's Sofia, if it isn't the name of Marcos' and Camillie's unborn planned pregnancy?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home