Monday, March 20, 2006

the upside

How about I balance out all the negative a little:

Things I'm glad for -

1) It's green outside again
2) my car hasn't broken down even when I was sure it would
3) second quarter is almost over
4) I have an amazing guitar, and new songs keep coming to me
5) Though I despise being single, I haven't settled
6) It only rained for 3 days, and not 4 (I'm recovering from my seasonal affective disorder steadily)
7) I'll be 24 soon. I remember as a teenager thinking I'd never live past 20.
8) Even when I feel like God is playing hide and seek, he always finds me when I'm giving up.
9) God communicates to me in spite of my lack of prayer, Scripture, and worship
10) I got the clinical site I wanted for next quarter
11) Though my immediate future may suck, my overall future looks good.
12) My blood pressure is only a little high, and not worse
13) My parents are crazy and often irritating, but they love me
14) One day I will again have close friends who are not "in love", and that will be a good day
15) I have new aquaintances at my local Starbucks that could end up being friends
16) Music - it lives in us
17) I have friends that deeply care for me no matter how distant they often feel
18) The evening news isn't true
19) Even when I feel lonely, I no longer feel abandoned; it's a big difference, and a comforting one.
20) There is no limit to the depth of life I can experience
21) Death Cab for Cutie
22) As much as I hate school, it's giving me the opportunity to do the things I love.
23) I don't watch TV
24) My faith in God doesn't waver, only my trust. My relationship with him is established, and all my stuggles with him remind me of the bickering that is present in all relationships. And, for this reason I know he is real.
25) I am frustrated that I don't know what to do with the gifts I've been given, but I know what they are, and I know they are increasing.

3 Comments:

At 1:33 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww...YAY! I'm glad for those things for you too!

 
At 9:15 AM , Blogger KSullie said...

I read that whole thing with a big grin on my face...I love numbers 7, 8, 10-what site?, 14-maybe one day you'll JOIN US-ever think of that?!?!, 18, 24-very cool.
Check your email...I sent you something cool. Or, I think its cool anyway...

 
At 4:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh Joe. i agree with ko. 17 is very true by the way. we do DEEPLY CARE. 8 & 9 - make me smile cause i've known that exact feeling recently. 21 - amen. :) love ya bud.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home