Saturday, January 07, 2006

Fulfillment


A friend last night expressed concern that I had not posted about one of the greatest moments of all time, that being watching Texas prove it is better than California. The delay can be attributed to the fact that there are no words to express what I truly felt.

I've been a UT fan for about seven years now. I didn't really get into football until I was almost out of high school. I got really into it just in time to go to a school in Arkansas and be surrounded by Oklahoma fans who for four strait years managed to rub it in nicely that we couldn't win a big game. By the time I graduated my pure, unadulterated hatred of OU was growing past my love of UT.

This situation has led to a shaky faith in UT. I really didn't firmly believe they would win any game this year. After living through the Chris Sims era, and seeing us throw away a national championship opportunity to Colorado, it's been hard to really believe in my team.

The game last wednesday fulfilled what I've hoped for. OU fans can deal with the fact that they got beat down pathetically when they had their chance, UT won.

The game also proved that the Heisman trophy is trash. Reggie Bush gets 500+ yards on a crappy Fresno State defense and it's his. Never mind that two weeks before that Vince got 500+ total yards against Oklahoma State. They should hold the trophy until the Championship is done. If anybody from USC deserved the trophy is was LenDale White, but there's a fourth and two play that would call that into question, and a fourth and five play that announces to the world that Vince Young is more valuable that Bush and White together.

So I'm now glad to express the fact that the University of Texas has emphatically force-fed all the critics their own words for two strait years now. If you are one of them, then eat up, it's about time you got humbled instead of me.

1 Comments:

At 9:33 PM , Blogger A Little Thunder said...

texas has a football team? cool.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home